Japan is the only nation in Asia that governmental experts really label as a western. Or in other words, it’s since costly while they come.
So when a few of my new buddies on Runaway Thailand trip asked me personally to lead an impromptu trip through Japan, I happened to be pretty hesitant.
Heck yea we wanted to go back to mom land and feed rice balls to kittens in pet cafes. I wanted to try out my beautifully crafted route that I had spent days formulating the formal Runaway Japan tour. We also wanted to hangout with my crazy cousins in Kobe and extremely good host family in Yamanashi.
Unfortuitously, we knew i simply couldn’t pay for it.
Luckily, my friends Ali, Watson, & Stephanie wouldn’t I would ike to perhaps not manage it. (Thanks ganstas!)
Before we knew it we had teleported from eating pork pad thai inside our beach bungalow to fish egg filled rice balls in a sky high apartment covered in anime figurines.
Although Japan is expensive, because of super oily filling convenience store fried chicken, shared homes on Airbnb, and this years exemplary exchange rate of 120 yen/ 1USD, we been able to go through the best of Japan for a fairly decent spending plan.
Here’s where we spent nearly all of our money during our 10 time trip of Japan.
Although Japan has a hostels, at 3500 円/29$/night, they aren’t all that low priced. So we made a decision to hire homes on Airbnb alternatively. Not merely ended up being it the lowest priced option nonetheless it had been undoubtedly the most comfortable and private. If you are new to Airbnb, you can make use of this link to get 20$ Off very first stay.
1)In Osaka we remained during the “One Piece House,” a 2 floor apartment in Namba, one’s heart of Osaka. This place had been massive, covered in One Piece memorabilia and super comfortable. Easily certainly one of the most effective value Airbnb apartment rentals in Japan. Cost: 35$/person/night
2) In Kyoto we remained in a fairly old-fashioned Japanese household. It had 3 spaces and had been located fairly near the famous Kawaramachi street. Unfortunately it rained quite a bit, so we invested nearly all of our time having a sake celebration in tatami (Japanese pad) room. Cost: 50$/person/night
3) Around Mt. Fuji we stayed in a sizable home on Lake Kawaguciko. It had 4 spaces, a view of Fuji-san, and ended up being simply steps from Kawaguchiko station. The dog owner, Shota-kun, ran a dumpling vehicle out of the parking great deal, which mayn’t have been easier for the dumpling loving team. Price: 30$/person/night
4) In Tokyo we stayed in a big dump. It was much further from Shinjuku than promoted. And unlike the appealing photos, this destination had no beds, a mildew filled fridge with no wifi. But hey, you will get everything you buy. Price: 16$/person/night
We could have saved significantly by shopping at the supermarket and cooking our personal dishes. But since we only possessed a restricted period of time, we consumed every meal out.
Here’s an idea of the foodstuff we consumed and how much it cost united states:
- Tuna & Mayo Filled Riceball: 140円/1.17$
- Sushi Bowl with seared salmon and tuna: 750円/6.25$
- Bashimi (Raw Horse): 500円/4.17
- 6 Octopus Balls: 500円/4.17
- Big Beer: 500円/4.17
- Ice cream crepe: 500円/4.17
- Bowl of cool Soba Noodles: 600円/5$
- Average full bowl of Ramen: 800円/6.67$
- Udon: 3oo 円/2.50$
- Conveyer gear sushi dinner average: 1000円/8.34$
- Mcdonald’s Big Mac Dish: 950円/8$
- Family Mart Fried Chicken: 160円/1.33
Adventures: 19,000円/160$/ 10 days
Luckily, temples, shrines, museums and parks throughout Japan are very inexpensive if not free. Unfortunately, Karaoke just isn’t.
Here’s some of the highlights through the trip:
- 1 1/2 hours of Karaoke: 2300 円 /19$
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple: 3oo 円/2.50$
- Mount Fuji ancient pilgrimage climb up to fifth place: 0 円 /0$
- one hour Row Boat In Mt. Fuji’s Lake Kawaguchiko: 2000 円 /16$
- 2 hours of Hotsprings: 900 円 /7.50
- Aki-Matsuri/Fall Festival: 0 円 /0$
- Daibutsu Buddha (Big Buddha): 3oo 円/2.50$
- Mariokart Arcade single game: 2oo 円/1.67$
- Getting Together With my old host household: 0 円 /0$
Transport: 26,440円/220$/ 10 days
Japan murdered united states on transport. The Bullet train are priced at us around 100$ together with Tokyo Metro actually added up. Although busses as well as routes are cheaper whenever traveling long distances, they nevertheless aren’t that inexpensive.
Here are all our transportation expenses over 10 days:
- Coach from Osaka Airport to Namba Station: 1540 円/12.84$
- Train from Osaka to Kyoto: 1000 円/8.34$
- Bullet Train from Kyoto to Mishima: 11, 000円/91$
- Bus from Mishima to Kawaguchiko: 2,400円/20$
- Coach from Mt. Fuji fifth station back down to Kawaguchiko: 1500円/12.50$
- 3 Times Of Tokyo Metro: 3600円/30$
- Train from Kawaguchiko to Otsuki: 0 円 /0$(host parents drove united states)
- Express train from Otsuki to Shinjuku: 1400円/11.68$
- Nartia Express to Narita airport: 4000円/33.36$
How Much Did We Spend? ( p′︵‵。)
Too much >< (Japanese emoticon to state frustration, humiliation, and basic dissatisfaction)
- Accommodation: 365$
- Food: 250$
- Tasks: 160$
- Transportation: 220$
Probably somewhere around: 1,000$ or 120,000 円 /person for 10 times.
We could have consumed cheaper by hitting up more super markets. We’re able to have saved on transport if only we took more busses. We also may have selected cheaper and less spacious AirBnbs.
We surely could have spent not as. But whenever you’re having group, it is simply too very easy to splurge.
Although most of us finished up a little broke, we certainly reached go through the most useful of Japan any way you like.